Perfect for grilling or cooking indoors, try out this mouthwatering Ribeye recipe created in collaboration with Master Chef, Nicolas Rieffel (@nicolas_masterchef).
Pro Tip: Spice up your steak with the JAVA Pepper Mill for Steak. The freshly ground pepper will be fragrant and flavorful and add the perfect kick to your ribeye.
Serves 2-3 people.
- 1 bone-in ribeye
- A few sprigs of parsley
- A few sprigs of basil
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tbsp rosemary (fresh or dried)
- 1 tsp chili pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Coarse salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Remove meat from fridge 30 mins before cooking, or defrost to room temperature if frozen, season with salt and freshly ground pepper
- Wash, de-stem and chop the basil and parsley leaves
- To make the Chimichurri sauce, place olive oil, basil, parsley, rosemary, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, chili pepper, and salt into a blender and blend until all ingredients are combined and chopped finely.
- Spread half the chimichurri sauce on the rib-eye, save the other half for when it is cooked
- Heat a frying pan on the grill, and sear the meat for 2 minutes on each side
- Remove from heat and let it rest for 5 minutes
- Cut the meat into thin slices, smother in the remaining chimichurri sauce and serve
Products used in this recipe: