Time travel back to your younger years with a childhood favorite- fruit bars. I remember anything in bar form to me as a kid was just more delicious than anything else. Thank you @SashaCakesChicago for this recipe, these no bake energy bars are full of natural energy, and are a healthy treat for the whole family.
No-Bake Fruit Nut Honey Energy Bars
Prep Time: 12 mins
Cook Time: 32 mins
Chilling Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 44 mins
Calories: 88 kcal
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried prunes
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 tbsp raw shredded coconut (optional)
- 2 tsp edible dry rose petals (optional)
- Prepare 8x3 rectangular silicone (for thicker bars) or 8x8 silicone forms (for thinner bars). If you do not have silicone baking forms: line an 8x3 (loaf) or 8x8 square pan with wax paper.
- Place dried apricots, dried cranberries, prunes, and honey in a food processor. Process until the mixture is fully blended and smooth.
- Break up slightly with a spatula, add raw pumpkin seeds, almonds, walnuts to the mixture in the food processor, and pulse few times.
- If desired: break up the mixture one more time, add raw shredded coconut and pulse a few times.
- Remove mixture from the food processor and press it into the desired pan or silicone form. You can cover the top of the bars with additional layer of wax paper and press an equal sized pan to roll the top with your hand or glass to flatten completely.
- Refrigerate for 30-45 minutes.
- Remove refrigerated mixture from your form or pan, place onto a wax or parchment paper, and using a lightly oiled knife (to prevent sticking) slice into bars or squares.
- Optional: Decorate top of bars with raw shredded coconut and edible dry rose buds.