Need some recipe ideas for your next dinner party or dinner with the family? Try out this Vegetable Curry made with our new ALCHIMY 3-ply stainless steel collection - it's vegan friendly, great for groups, and crowd pleaser!
A superior heat conductor, your multi-layer Alchimy saucepan allows for browning and searing the vegetables, before simmering on reduced heat. You can skip the extra dishes – the Alchimy line looks great as serveware and will keep your food warm on the table too.
• 2 cups rice
• 1 medium carrot
• 4 sticks of celery
• 2 medium turnips
• ½ cup French peas
• ¾ cup green beans
• 1 small onion
• 2 cloves garlic
• 2 tbsp fresh ginger
• 2 cans of coconut milk
• 1 ½ tbsp curry powder
• Salt (to taste) • Pepper (to taste)
1. Preparing the vegetables: Peel and wash the carrot, the celery and the turnips. Cut the celery and the turnips into quarters. Cut carrot into large diagonal slices. Coarsely chop the onion. Finely chop the garlic and grate the ginger. Chop the green beans into 1 inch pieces and cook the French peas and green beans a l’anglaise* in salted water then immediately cool in cold water.
* Cooking a l’Anglaise: cook the vegetables separately in plenty of boiling, salted water, then cool quickly in iced water.
2. Preparing the curry: Gently fry the onions and garlic in a little olive oil until translucent, taking care not to brown. Add the carrot, celery and turnip. Continue frying till browned. Sprinkle in the curry powder and a dash of salt. Add the ginger. Pour in the coconut milk and bring to the boil. Cover and leave to simmer. After 15 minutes, add the French peas and green beans. Continue cooking for five minutes, stirring continuously.
3. Serve with the freshly boiled rice.