While baking is a type of cooking, it really exists in a realm of its own. Precision and measurements are key when it comes to working with pastry, and there’s less room for error. Recipe substitutions and measurement mishaps can be much more forgiving when cooking, but baking requires an attentive eye to the most minute details. This means that the tools in your culinary arsenal, particularly for bakers, can make or break your creation.
Why do the right baking tools matter?
Shape and functionality are a big part of baking. Aesthetic quality can transform a delicious tart into a stunning, instagramable masterpiece. So when it comes to tools, having the right shapes that are specifically designed to perform certain functions is what can take your finished products to the next level.
It’s also a matter of ease. Let’s face it, the joy of baking doesn’t need any added pressure during the process- there’s already enough to think about. Having the right tools simply makes the job easier, and the end product is more precise to the recipe you’re using or creating.
Leveling up your holiday baking is easy with a few staples. These are some of our favorites that are guaranteed to make your dishes really stand out at holiday parties, get-togethers, or any special occasion.
The Baking Basics: Round and Rectangular Molds
- Perforated Round Tart & Pie Mold
- Perforated Rectangular Tart Mold
These pie and tart molds are extra special because they were designed with the help of professional-level pastry chefs. Made of ultra-resistant, high-quality stainless steel, these perforated tart molds are your ideal tool for creating sweet or savory tarts and pies with a professional look, texture, and taste! Our Air System technology allows optimum heat circulation during the baking process with perforations that allow heat in while releasing steam, resulting in the beautifully baked golden-brown crust. The silicone baking mat that is included also helps to reduce waste and avoid the mess of trying to wrangle a piece of parchment paper to fit perfectly in the mold.
Why we love them:
- Micro-perforations lock in the perfect amount of moisture
- No more dry or soggy crusts
- Results in a crisp crust with a soft, moist, and fluffy inside
- Baking mat and removable base make clean up and serving easy
- Temperature resistant from -274°F to + 500°F
- Dishwasher safe
If you're looking for an easy one-stop-shop gift for the baker in your life, you'll want to take a look at the Home Baking Box for Pies & Tarts. Consider this a professional-level starter set. It’s perfect for beginners who want to start their baking off on the right track, or experienced bakers who want to level up their tools. This set was designed with French pastry chef Jonathan Mougel, who in 2019 was recognized as l'Un des Meilleurs Ouvriers de France, the highest honor for chefs in the country. This limited edition box-set is designed around his unique concept of “simplifying in order to extract the maximum”.
The set includes:
1. High-sided, fluted perforated stainless steel tart ring for tarts or pies (Diameter: 9.5", Height: 1.2")
2. Round blue steel baking sheet for optimal heat conduction and deliciously crispy crust (Diameter: 11")
3. Elegant round stainless steel cooling rack (Diameter 11")
4. Cake and pie server with a beechwood handle and a cutting side
Why we love it:
- Excellent value: 4 pieces in 1 set!
- Professionally designed with one of the best chefs in France
- Simplifies the process while providing outstanding quality
- Pan is made with our durable, heat-treated Blue Steel
- Makes a great holiday gift idea!