We had the pleasure of chatting with one of our wonderful customers, Jewelofrussia, who used the Perforated Tart Ring to create this Peach Caramel Tart that looks absolutely mouthwatering!
Prep and Cook time: 1 hour, Serves 6
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cup pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- ½ c. macadamia nut oil (or walnut oil if macadamia oil is unavailable
For the Filling:
- 5 medium size ripe fresh peaches (I used Suncrest peaches in this recipe)
- 2 tbsp very cold butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 ½ tbsp. Clearjel
- ½ c. dark brown sugar
- ¼ c. golden caster sugar
For the Crust:
- Preheat the oven to 425F
- Whisk the dry ingredients in a large bowl
- In a separate bowl combine the liquid ingredients till well blended.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or use a baking mat!). Set an 8" tart ring in the center
- Using your hands, form the tart shell on the sides and surface of the parchment paper inside the tart ring, patching the holes with the pastry dough.
For the filling:
- Cut the peaches into 1/2 inch slices and lay them inside the tart shell
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl with your hands, rub the cold butter until it takes the texture of coarse sand. Sprinkle the mixture over the peaches
- Pop the tart in the oven and bake for 35-45 minutes or until the crust is golden brown
Jewelofrussia is a tech professional who loves to develop recipes, and lives in Berkley,CA where they are surrounded by all things food! Thank you for the recipe!
de Buyer Products that can be used here: